General Dentist Services
At our practice, we use the latest in 3D Cone Beam technology to help diagnose our patients in Midtown NYC by taking a 3D dental image of a patient’s head and neck.
Going to your dentist once or twice a year is more important than you may think. There are of course cosmetic reasons to get an annual tooth cleaning, but getting a semi-annual cleaning will affect your health more than you think.
Here are some remedies a gentle dentist should do during your visit: relax you as they maintain the health of your teeth, increase your confidence with a beautiful smile, and more importantly eliminate pain & discomfort.
A tooth extraction is the removal of the tooth from its bone socket done under anesthesia. Dental tooth extraction could stem from many issues but it is common to get one due to a tooth infection, excessive tooth decay, or crowding.
What is a General Dentist?
A general dentist provides dental care to people of all ages. A routine visit to your family dentist, you will have an examination of your mouth (teeth, gums, and other structures), cleaning, and a discussion about your overall dental health.
General Dentist Services:
- Preventive Services — Regular exams and professional teeth cleanings are a cornerstone of prevention. Your general dentist may give you detailed instructions to improve your at-home oral hygiene, and may also recommend preventive treatments such as sealants if needed. If you lead an active lifestyle, you can be fitted with a custom-made mouthguard at your dentist’s office.
- Restorative Services — The most common dental restoration involves removing tooth decay and placing a filling in the affected tooth. General dentists offer a place to go when you need treatment for dental trauma—a broken, loosened or knocked-out tooth. General dentists can diagnose and treat the causes of tooth pain or periodontal (gum) disease. They may also offer treatments for missing teeth, place crowns or bridgework, help you get fitted with dentures, root canal therapy, orthodontics, and dental implants, as well.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures — Many general dentists can help you get the sparkling smile you’ve always wanted with a range of cosmetic procedures. Offering procedures such as teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding—even porcelain veneers.
- Overall Health Concerns — Some dental problems may reflect issues in other parts of your body. General dentists are trained to identify these issues and offer appropriate treatment or referral when needed.
General Dentist Recommendations to Prevent Cavities:
- Brush Your Teeth: Perhaps the most obvious way to prevent cavities is by brushing your teeth several times a day. When brushing be sure to use a toothpaste containing fluoride for the best results.
- Floss Daily: Because food debris can get caught in between teeth while eating, it’s important to floss to get rid of cavities.
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy is a quick and easy way to get rid of cavities before they appear. Proper nutrition plays an important role in good dental health. Eating nutritional snacks and limiting the amount of sugary drinks will help to prevent plaque from forming on the teeth – all very important.
- Visit Your Dentist: Perhaps the most obvious way to get rid of cavities is by visiting your dentist. Dental X-Rays, check-ups, and cleanings are all vital to good oral hygiene and ensuring that you get rid of cavities quickly and effectively. Visit our Manhattan dental offices twice a year for your checkup.
- Use a Mouthwash: Most mouthwashes on the market today have been clinically proven to reduce plaque. Rinsing with one of these mouthwashes after brushing can help get rid of cavities quickly and effectively.