No Fault and Workers Comp Dentist
For the last ten years, Dr. William Wolfson has been one of few dentists to accept patients with Worker’s Compensation, New York State Automobile No-Fault, Liability & Dental Malpractice injury claims. Dr. Wolfson specializes in traumatic disorders to the TM Joint (temperomandibular joint, or TMJ) as well as the repair of traumatic injuries to the teeth and supporting oral structures.
New York State Automobile No-Fault Claims
The miracle of the airbag has reduced highway fatalities by more than half. The downside, however, if the increase in facial, oral and jaw joint injuries caused by their explosive deployment.
When physical trauma is severe, bodily injuries are often treated and reported based upon their severity. That means that injuries to the teeth and jaw or damage to existing restorations are often initially overlooked. To make matters worse, the nerve damage to teeth which often accompanies blunt force trauma to the face may take weeks or even months to manifest symptoms. It is often days or weeks before oral injuries are noticed or reported. By that time it is almost impossible to convince even the larger liability carriers that the required dental treatment is accident-related.
Don’t be a victim twice. Let us help you repair the damage with no pain to your person or your pocket!
Here is a simple checklist that will help guarantee that you receive the care you require and the coverage to which you are rightfully entitled:
- If the Airbag deployed, always report possible traumatic tooth or jaw injury
- If any teeth are loose, request a Dental consult in the Hospital
- Make sure the Hospital record is complete and all injuries are documented, even minor ones
- If the injured party wears any Dental removable prosthetic, like a denture or bridge, make sure it is located as soon as possible or reported missing immediately
- Make sure the injured party has legal representation
- Have the patient’s attorney file an initial NF-2 listing all areas of the body possibly affected
- As soon as the patient is awake and aware, have him or her check all bridgework, teeth, gums for any signs of soreness and report it to the Hospital, ER or Paramedics
And finally, request a referral to visit a Dentist for a thorough examination and x-rays as soon as physically possible. Call us today at (212) SMILING (212-764-5464) or click here to schedule a complimentary consultation for any New York State No-Fault and Automobile Injury related claims.
Independent Examinations, Expert Testimony and Affidavits
In addition to to doing actual treatment, Dr. Wolfson also performs Independent Medical Examinations for both carriers and attorneys, as well as Narrative Reports and Expert Testimony regarding a patient’s post treatment pre-trial, which can be invaluable in procuring settlements that take into account the patient’s future needs.
Because the Insurance “Peer Review” and IME system often recommends a cessation of active treatment before optimum healing has occurred, Dr. Wolfson can also provide affidavits and expert testimony if required, for the continuation of needed treatment for your client.