Hate having to hear the dreaded news from the dentist that you have – yet again – another cavity? Believe it or not, but there are countless things you can do to get rid of cavities before they even appear so you can stop hearing those awful words during your next dentist visit.
Here are the top five things on how to get rid of cavities:
- Brush Your Teeth: Perhaps the most obvious way to prevent cavities is by brushing your teeth several times a day. When brushing be sure to use a toothpaste containing fluoride for the best results.
- Floss Daily: Because food debris can get caught in between teeth while eating, it’s important to floss to get rid of cavities.
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy is a quick and easy way to get rid of cavities before they appear. Proper nutrition plays an important role in good dental health. Eating nutritional snacks and limiting the amount of sugary drinks will help to prevent plaque from forming on the teeth – all very important.
- Visit Your Dentist: Perhaps the most obvious way to get rid of cavities is by visiting your dentist. Dental X-Rays, check-ups and cleanings are all vital to good oral hygiene and ensuring that you get rid of cavities quickly and effectively. Visit our Manhattan dental offices twice a year for your checkup.
- Use a Mouthwash: Most mouth washes on the market today have been clinically proven to reduce plaque. Rinsing with one of these mouth washes after brushing can help get rid of cavities quickly and effectively.
All it takes is a little extra attention to your oral health regimen when you want to get rid of cavities. These five steps, plus regular checkups at our Manhattan dental offices will ensure your teeth stay cavity-free and proud.
Been a while since you’ve had that checkup? You can make an appointment with the friendly staff at in a snap by filling out our online appointment form. To learn more about our offices, just give us a call! (212) SMILING